Labor Council endorses Juan Vargas for U.S. Congress
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council is proud to announce its endorsement of Juan Vargas for California’s 51st Congressional District. Vargas, a state senator, is running for the open seat in a district that encompasses portions of San Diego, Chula Vista, National City, Imperial Beach, and Imperial County.
“Juan Vargas has demonstrated a strong commitment to improve job quality for San Diego and Imperial County workers,” said Lorena Gonzalez, Secretary-Treasurer/CEO of the San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council. “He isn’t afraid to stand up for working families like he has in the ongoing fight to protect neighborhoods and small, local businesses against big box retailers like Wal-Mart.”
To receive an endorsement from the Labor Council, a candidate must receive two-thirds approval from Labor Council delegates.
In addition to Vargas, the Labor Council also endorsed candidates in other 2012 elections.
Candidates receiving Labor Council endorsements include:
· Juan Vargas – United States Congress, 51st Congressional District
· Marty Block – California Senate, 39th State Senate District
· Toni Atkins – California Assembly, 78th State Assembly District
· Ben Hueso – California Assembly, 80th State Assembly District
· Pamela Bensoussan – Chula Vista City Council
· Mary Graham – San Diego Community College District D
· Bill Garrett – Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District 3
· Mary Kay Rosinski – Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District 4
· Mark Anderson – San Diego County Board of Education District 4
For more information, contact Patrick Pierce, Communications Director of the San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council at (619) 228-8101 ext. 226 or email@example.com.