Friday, March 8, 2013
ASSEMBLYMEMBER SHIRLEY WEBER TO SALUTE WOMEN LEADERS IN CALIFORNIA’S 79TH DISTRICT
San Diego, CA: Assemblymember Shirley N. Weber (D-San Diego) will pay tribute to outstanding women in honor of Women’s History Month on Sunday, March 17, 2013, 3:00 p.m. at San Diego State University’s Parma Payne Alumni Center. “There are many unsung ‘SHeroes’ in the 79th District deserving recognition for their work as women leaders. I am excited to host this Inaugural Salute in the 79th District to highlight their efforts,” she said. Women’s History Month was established in 1987 and is celebrated throughout the month of March to honor women’s contribution to society.
To qualify, nominees must be work or attend school in the 79th District, which includes the communities in the City of San Diego, Lemon Grove, La Mesa, National City, Chula Vista, Bonita and a small part of Spring Valley. The nominee must also perform extraordinary service in the Arts, Business, Community Activism, Education, Government, Health Sciences or Social Services.
Joining in the celebration will be poetry artist Kendrick Dial of Collective Purpose, singer Alyssa Mae Servenas and additional cultural dance presentations. Deadline to RSVP is Thursday, March 14. To RSVP or for more information, please contact LaShae Collins at (619)462-7878 or LaShae.Collins@asm.ca.gov.
Posted by Anonymous at 10:20 AM No comments:
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Weber Gets Appointed to Various Select Committees by Speaker of the Assembly
SACRAMENTO, CA- Today Assemblymember Shirley N. Weber (D-San Diego) announced her appointments to the following Assembly Select Committees by Speaker John A. Pérez:
· Select Committee on Agriculture and the Environment—Chaired by Assemblymember Marc Levine
· Select Committee on Biotechnology-Chaired by Assemblymember Kevin Mullin
· Select Committee on California’s Clean Energy Economy-Chaired by Assemblymember Nancy Skinner
· Select Committee on California/Mexico Bi-National Affairs-Chaired by Assemblymember Ben Hueso
· Select Committee on Community and Neighborhood Development-Chaired by Assemblymember Ken Cooley
· Select Committee on Domestic Violence-Chaired by Assemblymember Jimmy Gomez
· Select Committee on Increasing the Integration of Science, Technology and Engineering in California K-12 Schools-Chaired by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla
· Select Committee on Out of School, Unemployed Youth-Chaired by Assemblymember Raul Bocanegra
· Select Committee on Regional Approaches to Addressing the State’s Water Crisis-Chaired by Assemblymember Rudy Salas
· Select Committee on Regional Transportation Solutions-Chaired by Assemblymember Quirk-Silva
· Select Committee on Women of color-Engagement, Opportunity and Progress-Chaired by Assemblymember Cristina Garcia
“I am excited and eager to represent the 79th Assembly District and thank Speaker John Pérez for appointing me to these very important committees,” said Assemblymember Weber.” These assignments will allow me to work with my fellow legislative colleagues on a diverse range of issues affecting San Diego County and the State of California in general" she said.
At the beginning of the two-year legislative session, the Assembly Speaker Assembly appoints legislators to Chair or serve as Members of various Assembly policy, fiscal, and select committees. In addition to her assignments above, Assemblymember Weber is Chair of the Assembly Select Committee on Higher Education in San Diego County. She also serves as a Member of the Appropriations, Banking and Finance, Education, Higher Education and Rules Committees of the California State Assembly.
Posted by Anonymous at 3:41 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)