Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Weber Gets Appointed to Various Select Committees by Speaker of the Assembly
SACRAMENTO, CA- Today Assemblymember Shirley N. Weber (D-San Diego) announced her appointments to the following Assembly Select Committees by Speaker John A. Pérez:
· Select Committee on Agriculture and the Environment—Chaired by Assemblymember Marc Levine
· Select Committee on Biotechnology-Chaired by Assemblymember Kevin Mullin
· Select Committee on California’s Clean Energy Economy-Chaired by Assemblymember Nancy Skinner
· Select Committee on California/Mexico Bi-National Affairs-Chaired by Assemblymember Ben Hueso
· Select Committee on Community and Neighborhood Development-Chaired by Assemblymember Ken Cooley
· Select Committee on Domestic Violence-Chaired by Assemblymember Jimmy Gomez
· Select Committee on Increasing the Integration of Science, Technology and Engineering in California K-12 Schools-Chaired by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla
· Select Committee on Out of School, Unemployed Youth-Chaired by Assemblymember Raul Bocanegra
· Select Committee on Regional Approaches to Addressing the State’s Water Crisis-Chaired by Assemblymember Rudy Salas
· Select Committee on Regional Transportation Solutions-Chaired by Assemblymember Quirk-Silva
· Select Committee on Women of color-Engagement, Opportunity and Progress-Chaired by Assemblymember Cristina Garcia
“I am excited and eager to represent the 79th Assembly District and thank Speaker John Pérez for appointing me to these very important committees,” said Assemblymember Weber.” These assignments will allow me to work with my fellow legislative colleagues on a diverse range of issues affecting San Diego County and the State of California in general" she said.
At the beginning of the two-year legislative session, the Assembly Speaker Assembly appoints legislators to Chair or serve as Members of various Assembly policy, fiscal, and select committees. In addition to her assignments above, Assemblymember Weber is Chair of the Assembly Select Committee on Higher Education in San Diego County. She also serves as a Member of the Appropriations, Banking and Finance, Education, Higher Education and Rules Committees of the California State Assembly.