Withdrawal Wedne$day – Community rally to encourage San Diegans to transfer money from big banks like Bank of America and Wells Fargo to community credit unions that keep and invest money locally.
Lorena Gonzalez, Treasurer-Secretary/CEO for San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council; Norma Chavez-Peterson, Director/Lead Organizer for Justice Overcoming Boundaries, and Pat Zaharopoulos, President/CEO for San Diego Middle Class Taxpayers Association will be onsite to call attention to the importance of transferring money from the big banks to local community credit unions.
Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2011
5th Ave & B Street (outside Bank of America & Wells Fargo), San Diego, CA 92101
Supporters will meet at 1200 B Street and march to the 5th & B rally location.
· Meet: Lorena Gonzalez (San Diego Labor Council), Norma Chavez-Peterson (Justice Overcoming Boundaries), Pat Zaharopoulos (San Diego Middle Class Taxpayers Association)
· Rally to promote National Bank Transfer Day
· Community march from Civic Center to Downtown banks on 5th & B
· Public setting provides excellent crowd shots, signage and natural sound
· Opportunities for midday local news live-shots or stand-ups are also available
ADMISSION: This event is FREE and open to the general public.
San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council
# # #
# # #
Post a Comment