How it went down:
Hueso – Burdick
Young – Burdick
DeMaio – Burdick
Gloria – Takvorian
Frye – Takvorian
Emerald – Burdick
Faulconer - Burdick
Lightner – Takvorian
• The Lightener switch was a pleasant surprise
• SDUT editorial was a mixed bag. Saying that Burdick was not a fan of PLA’s thereby making here a “consensus builder” in their eyes was another example of the UT’s tortured logic and feeble attempt to nudge the newbie Burdick into knifing Labor.
• Burdick made a big deal about PLAs but I see it as window dressing. Labor will have a door to her because of her desire to move up the ladder.
• Takvorian was the most obviously qualified candidate but was scutted for Hueso’s career. If a “consensus builder” means unqualified yet moldable then the Port and the region will pay the price of being used by interests that won’t have San Diego in their best interest.
• Young remains “above the fray”
• Emerald’s attempt to cover herself fell flat. Again, she needs a better strategist.
• On the Port, Peters gains a second vote.
It’s not a bad outcome. As is typical, San Diego bypassed the right thing for mediocrity but if it didn’t then we wouldn’t be living where happy happens among other things.