Dear All,The only liberal/progressive broadcast media outlet in San Diego County is about to be shut down. Clear Channel, who owns KLSD 1360 AM, is in the process of switching the liberal talk format to yet another Sports Talk station.
We need our voice in media – and you can help. The political spectrum from old fashioned liberal Democrats, to peace activists, to independent progressives should all be extremely concerned about what’s happening right here in our community. This is a national issue.
Let’s take a stand, right here and right now. The relentless march of right-wing media consolidation must stop – and we are the only people to do it. It is given to us to make a difference.
We must work together and take all measured steps to show that we won’t back down, we will be heard, and we will win.There will be two gatherings, both outside of the Clear Channel’s offices at 9660 Granite Ridge Drive, San Diego, CA 92123. [Map]
The first meeting will be to help organize the big rally. All interested individuals and groups, who are willing to work on this issue, should meet on Saturday, August 25th at 9:00am. At 10:00am we will announce the specific plans for the big rally on Monday.
The main rally, the one that is most important to have a massive turnout, will be at 7:30am to 9:30am Monday, August 27th in the parking lot of Clear Channel. Please be careful where you park, as the police may be there handing out tickets. If you park in the lot of a local business, be sure to make a purchase.
We must also be prepared to work beyond these two events.
Right now, here’s what you can do to help:
Please, if nothing else, just be there on Monday. Car pool if you can, reach out to friends and neighbors to make this happen. It’s more important than any of us can imagine.
- Distribute this message to every one of your friends, everyone in your group.
- Call KLSD, get on the air, say you’re mad as hell and we’re not going
to take it anymore.
- Call Air America and tell them we’re working to save KLSD.
- Prepare to get to the rally on Monday – also come to the organizational meeting on Saturday, if you can help, or just can’t make the Monday rally. The most important thing will be to have hundreds of people in Clear Channel’s parking lot at 7:30am on Monday. The press will be there, every major progressive group in the county will be represented there, and we will be heard.
- Listen to KLSD and support their sponsors – call the sponsors, even if you can’t buy something right now, let them know you heard about them from KLSD.
- Don’t think that someone else will do this for you – you must make the effort.
- More information can be found at http://www.saveklsd.com/ and
www.nonstopradio.com/sandiego.html (a site that helps support communities in our situation – this has happened before, and stations have been saved).
- Also an email group has also been formed at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/saveklsd/.
Thanks, We hope we can count on support from the following organizations to reach out to all their members and affiliations: San Diego Democracy for America - Progressive Democrats of America - East County United PAC - - Activist San Diego - Guerrero Azteca Peace Project - San Diego Democrats - San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice - San Diego Veterans For Peace - Democratic Clubs of San Diego County - Clean Elections - World Can't Wait- San Diego Democracy for America - North County Democratic Unity - Progressive Democrats of America - East County United PAC - Activist San Diego - Guerrero Azteca Peace Project - San Diego Democrats - San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice - San Diego Veterans For Peace - Democratic Clubs of San Diego County - Clean Elections - World Can't Wait - North County Democratic Unity?
*PROTEST*- Save KLSD - Save Democracy- *7:30am to 9:30am *RALLY* Monday,* August 27th* in the Parking Lot of Clear Channel’s offices at 9660 Granite Ridge Drive, San Diego, CA 92123.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Save KLSD - Save Democracy Rally
The following e-mail has been making the rounds:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
HA HA HA!!! This is sweet! My faith in the free market continues to be justified! I hope by 2008 when the GOP continue to dominate the presidency and retake Congress, this failed attempt to emulate the success of REAL TALK RADIO will be confined to those two hotbeds of America Hating, San Francisco and New York City. But then again NYC did elect a tough mayor that looked terrorism in the face and didn't blink so who knows maybe it will just be confined to San Francisco and the environazis in Portland, Oregon. Those granola munchers love that stuff...
Post a Comment