WASHINGTON DC – Congressman Raul Grijalva, Co-Chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, has endorsed Lori Saldaña for Congress.
“I've been following progressive congressional candidates throughout the country and Lori's race caught my attention,” Grijalva said. “She’s a genuine progressive with a proven commitment to improving the lives of her constituents.”
Grijalva praised Saldaña’s accomplishments as a public servant.
“Ms. Saldaña is a skilled policymaker who has demonstrated leadership translating progressive values into public policy, “Grijalva said. “And she is definitely not afraid to stand up to moneyed special interests.”
“This is why I've given Ms. Saldaña my endorsement and this is why I look forward to working with her in the Progressive Caucus."
The Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC), the largest caucus within the House Democratic Caucus, consists of one United States Senator, Bernie Sanders, and seventy five members of the United States House of Representatives.
Saldaña said she is honored by Chairman Grijalva’s endorsement and eager to get to work.
“The Progressive Caucus will be the engine for change in Congress,” Saldaña said. “I look forward to working with Chairman Grijalva, my former colleagues Karen Bass and Judy Chu, and the other caucus members on policies that will put Americans back to work and restore a healthy and expanding middle class.”
Saldaña’s growing list of progressive endorsements includes:
• The Progressive Change Campaign Committee
• Governor Howard Dean and Jim Dean
• Democracy for America • MoveOn.org
• San Diego Chapter of Democracy for America
• Former City Councilmember Donna Frye
• City Councilmember Marti Emerald
• Progressive San Diego
• School Board Trustee Richard Barrera
• Former President of the San Diego Democratic Club Stephen Whitburn
• Former President of the San Diego Democratic Club Andrea Villa
• Former San Diego Democratic Party Chair Kennan Kaeder
• School Board President John Lee Evans